Throat mic for coms?

Does anyone know of anywhere that makes throat mics for coms w/ the 4 pin xlr? If not does anyone know of a way to jury-rig a connection? The sound tecs at my theatre have been workin on this on the side for years.

Does anyone know of anywhere that makes throat mics for coms w/ the 4 pin xlr? If not does anyone know of a way to jury-rig a connection? The sound tecs at my theatre have been workin on this on the side for years.

Only company I know that makes throat mics as you may see on swat or hazmat/fire-rescue or on TV is a company called OTTO ENGINEERING. Do a google search--its something like "ottoeng.com" or near that... They make throat mics that attach to most two-way radio systems and are used by Military etc... Adapting it to your COM should not be difficult and they will probably help you with the wiring diagrams or do it custom for you....but I don't think their stuff is cheap. They make the ultra tiny ear recievers for covert ops....

FWIW..perhaps someone else will have a better answer or company.

-w

There are heaps of relatively cheap throat mics on eBay for 2 way's and as wolf said, it should be easy to modify. Here is he result of my 2 second search. Quite a few of them come with the coiled tube earpiece. With some simple re-wiring you should have a complete system which would plug into any standard beltpack, or station. There should be plenty of info available on the net regarding wiring diagrams for coms, and the 2-way's. Someone on CB will probably be able to help you with the Coms side of things.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back