Tie wire laterals between wire rope net grid.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
I know I have seen a chart before but like 20 years ago of how many wraps around rod/wire rope material or itself will secure a tie wire. Or even perhaps I saw it as a table on the thicker gauges if used for guide wires on a counterweight system. A many hour search of my extensive library between books and catalogues has proven frustrating.

Goal is to provide lateral point support for some light weight permanent scenery between parallels in a 1/4" wire rope gridwork. I am testing various sizes of 1/8" and larger s.steel tie wire soon but will probably use 1/8" with the proper wrapping tools. I think this would be fastest and easiest to do in not damaging the wire rope grid or having to mouse off say thimbled wire rope laterals. Anyone have info on the how many wrap table I can’t find. Can’t think of a better way to do a light weight SWL tee to a wire rope network otherwise. I don’t want to assume the 8-10 circus knot wrap for wire rope on thick tie wire.

I am aware of I think Crosby dist. of Loos brand (lost which better catalogue I saw them in) CP-3-2 S.Steel Net Clips for 1/4" that are inexpensive, and the installation tool that’s not bad in price either. Will be using them also to reinforce the grid and possibly otherwise for the laterals. Anyone ever use them before, I don’t see a load rating or much info. This much less if used as a Tee, if I should do a stop sleeve with such a thing. Will contact Loos otherwise for specs.

Attachments

• loos net clip specs.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 391
Thanks for those that looked into my questions even if they didn't answer. Found it or at least what I knew I saw somewhere. "Americian Electrician's Handbook" on the subject of Guy Wires. Probably read it in a few other books but those were loaned out and not given back. Stopped that practice. Link for me on that subject came by way of the Klein tools catalogue where I was looking at tools for the project on and the mention of what doing the tie wire support was called.

Rule in general is six wraps, but that's for in-line or parallel support of something and mostly from both sides dependant on the fitting. Lots of details and little to nothing on lateral support mentioned. Some info confirming the best way to do this with wire rope though. Some info on the clamps I have been collecting up for years now which is proper for this type of work also and might be put to use in getting more of. The clamps as per stops or have not figured out yet what I'm doing yet. Probably do about 10 wrapps for laterals and with more weight situation also use the clamps as a stop sleeve.

www.joosco.com my next stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back