Time tracking punch card for shop

Ech725

I'm looking for a method of tracking shop hours for students (10-20 a semester) that is not the typical pen and paper. Has anyone had success with software or maybe an app on an iPad? I thought about an actual punch card machine but would prefer to not have to buy punch cards ever year.

We use uAttend at work. Not sure how the backend works, but the user interface is pretty simple. We also have the networked timeclock at the office with a built-in fingerprint reader as well as a keypad for punching in/out via 4-digit code. The app is used if we're out of the office, and I believe it can geotag in order to tattle on anyone punching in from their bed. Not sure if you can just get the standalone app or if the hardware reader is a prerequisite. A little pricey – looks like it would cost a few hundred upfront for the hardware and between $30-50 per month.

If hours need to be edited, there is an admin page where you can manually adjust hours, and normal users can log in to request vacation, track expenses, etc.

We have also used Toggl Timer, but I think it's more for tracking projects. I could never get the hang of the UI for that one.

Last edited:
The freelance field uses some apps with varying success... but I've taken my crew to a google form. It's easy and they can do it from anywhere. It does take a little trust, but if you monitor their work and schedule it's fairly easy. I also have a comment section if they need to note overtime, or leaving early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back