Timecode cue software

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody knew of any software which would allow you to record timecode cue points to music or video. I have looked at most of the popular timecode syncing software etc and can't seem to find anything. I got the idea from an interview I read with Tim Routledge who said he used a little piece of mac software where he could drag and drop mp3 files and simply generate timecode hit-points where he wanted lx cues for later reference. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Yours,

ben

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody knew of any software which would allow you to record timecode cue points to music or video. I have looked at most of the popular timecode syncing software etc and can't seem to find anything. I got the idea from an interview I read with Tim Routledge who said he used a little piece of mac software where he could drag and drop mp3 files and simply generate timecode hit-points where he wanted lx cues for later reference. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Yours,

ben
Are you married to Mac's, do you also have other PC's, would you be interested in software which can work with either?
Have you considered @dbaxter 's tried and tested software solutions for theatrical lighting and sound? I believe some of Dave's software is available gratis with reduced features and / or limited time periods.
Dave's a regular poster and offers end-user support second only to ETC (No; I neither work for Dave nor collect any commissions).
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
If you have a Mac, using something like the program Twisted Wave allows you to view the timestamp in a Broadcast Wave file. If you know the start time of your file, you can use the program WaveAgent to set the start time in the Wav file that Twisted Wave can read. Then just set your markers in Twisted Wave.

Hi all, Thank you for all your suggestions, it is much appreciated. I will be looking into all of these options in more detail.
Are you married to Mac's, do you also have other PC's, would you be interested in software which can work with either?
Have you considered @dbaxter 's tried and tested software solutions for theatrical lighting and sound? I believe some of Dave's software is available gratis with reduced features and / or limited time periods.
Dave's a regular poster and offers end-user support second only to ETC (No; I neither work for Dave nor collect any commissions).
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
I am fairly stuck with a mac as it is my only personal machine but am happy to use software suggestions. I will look into those you have suggested :)

Hi all, Thank you for all your suggestions, it is much appreciated. I will be looking into all of these options in more detail.

I am fairly stuck with a mac as it is my only personal machine but am happy to use software suggestions. I will look into those you have suggested :)
I believe @dbaxter has software for both Apple Mac's and the rest of us.
@dbaxter Care to chime in?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Unfortunately for @benedict_gb04 , all our software is for Windows only. Not to start a religious war, but I find Mac's overly restrictive and hard to work with. As a company, we went with the 80% of the computer world that is Windows. The Cue Player products will run under Wine on Linux, if there is a similar environment for Mac's, then there's hope we could run that way for you.

If you ever wanted a great piece of free show software that you can drop mp3's into your lightshow and shange all the lights cues to you sound file very easily. Have done it many times. It runs of Linux.

I use Qlab to time out all my music. I add the WAV music files and then add MIDI cues to a connected console. The only struggle is that I have to time out my cues and add them in instead of 'placing' them along a music waveform. But it works a lot better than having an operator time cues each night!

Wine is available for mac.. also Codeweavers has a commercial version of Wine called crossover.
The new arm macs may screw this up for a while till the wine team gets a chance to catch up..

Last edited:
Wine is available for mac.. also Codweavers has a commercial version of Wine called crossover.
The new arm macs may screw this up for a while till the wine team gets a chance to catch up..
@jtweigandt Quoting you: "Codweavers has a commercial version of Wine".
Codweavers you say; sounds fishy to me.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back