Tiny Lighting Console

Jezza

Hey All-

-The need has arose for me to purchase a very, very small console. I need something with only around 4 channels of DMX with faders--3pin is fine. Does anyone know of one? I know I've seen them...just can't find any names....maybe in the DJ world?

proxy.php

DMX Programmer by Elation is probably the smallest unit that will fit your requirements.

Learn more here: http://www.americandj.com/product.asp?ProductIDNumber=1397&cat=DMX_Controllers

The Barbizon dealer was using one of those pocket consoles to demonstrate a Selador LED light. Very cool little guy.

As for the SMALLEST lighting console don't forget about Doug Fleenor... Dr. DMX's response to the Obsession... the "Apathy" with "Hostile User Interface" You get your choice of 1 DMX channel to any level or ALL 512 DMX channels to one level. I believe the original Apathy only had the 1 DMX channel option and the new version the "Apathy Minus" added the all channels option.

Now THAT'S funny.

DMX-a-sketch!!!!

Personally, I'd love to have our house-lights on our board as well as our current architectural lighting system. I can never get fades timed right. Besides, I can't reach the architectural controls from the board!

Indeed, whay would you take house light control off the main console? Unless you don't have an architecture control system. If you do this, you should do it in such a way that it is very easy to reconnect the house lights to the consoles, because in the future you will want that.

The thought is that if you have it on the Arch system you don't have to turn on the board and run the risk of leaving it on until some tech finds out its been left on since 1999. Also if a board crashes pre-show then you don't have an audience left in the dark.

I prefer to run mine during a show off the board as I like to do fancy things even with the house lights when desiging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back