Tips/links for refurbishing our AVAB DDII stack

variable

I've been re-furbishing the plot in the old theatre I just started ME'ing for and I'm finally at a place where I can tackle the AVAB DDII dimmers. Problem is I can't find anything in the form of a manual beyond a basic summary pdf online. I've refurbished and repaired a lot of little dimmers (leprecon tree packs and the sort) and I want to avoid sending the dimmers out for basic maintenance if I can do the work myself. But I would really like any AVAB manuals or schematics that came with the boards before I crack them open (Google has failed me, AVAB internation has failed me, ICD has failed me).

I was also wondering if anyone has a link to or just some good tips for refurbishing larger dimmers (12x2400w). The dimmers have been sitting in a dusty electrical closet for over 15 years and they've been sent out for maintenance a couple of times, but they always go back into the un-maintained and un-cleaned closet. I'd be happy to keep sending them out for maintenance, but frankly it's time I learned how to do what can be done in house to anticipate problems and keep the boards in good shape.

I've been re-furbishing the plot in the old theatre I just started ME'ing for and I'm finally at a place where I can tackle the AVAB DDII dimmers. Problem is I can't find anything in the form of a manual beyond a basic summary pdf online. I've refurbished and repaired a lot of little dimmers (leprecon tree packs and the sort) and I want to avoid sending the dimmers out for basic maintenance if I can do the work myself. But I would really like any AVAB manuals or schematics that came with the boards before I crack them open (Google has failed me, AVAB internation has failed me, ICD has failed me).

I was also wondering if anyone has a link to or just some good tips for refurbishing larger dimmers (12x2400w). The dimmers have been sitting in a dusty electrical closet for over 15 years and they've been sent out for maintenance a couple of times, but they always go back into the un-maintained and un-cleaned closet. I'd be happy to keep sending them out for maintenance, but frankly it's time I learned how to do what can be done in house to anticipate problems and keep the boards in good shape.

Have you tried contacting Hans Lau at Avab America in Petaluma?
AVAB America, Inc.
He is still churning out DDII's as far as I know.....
If not...contact me "off list"....
I did North American Service for Avab On and off through the 80's and 90's and into the 00's
These things are absolutely bullitproof and will chug along forever....
There are code updates available and I think Hans still has a giant stock of parts.

Thanks! I got in touch with Hans and he sent me the manual information straight away as well as a list of replacement parts. Nice to know there's someone right around the corner from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back