Control/Dimming To scene, or not too scene; alas poor Express...

As much as I hate to see the Express go because it is easy to learn and use, it really doesn't fit with today's technology. I would be scared to try to run movers off of it-- the LEDs and FX cues are enough of a bear. Seriously, I spend WAY more time figureing out work arounds and trying to get the board to do what I want on dance type shows. Especially now that I have seen 'real' lighting consoles-- I want to do that stuff, but the time it would take on the express is prohibitive.

Has anyone tried to do an effect at certain spots in a song? Your choices are: 1. run it manually (using the channel fader bump buttons) 2. program it into a cue (you better get the right number and get all of them-- otherwise you might go to BO on one or end up with an effect instead of a BO-- yes I know there are 2 cue stacks, but I use both already) or 3. Write a macro and either put it on M1-M3 and use that button, or set up a sub to cue it (VERY time consuming unless you are an expert programmer in which case you likely are not using an express-- Unless of course you are the Ma/Hog LD and programmer that wound up being TD/ audio guy for my show last week. That was actually a really cool experience designing under him.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back