Today was fun

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Well, I walked into the theatre today, and, much to my delight, discovered the next installment of new equipment had arrived. I can't wait to try out those two new 70 degree S4's, and the new L&E 3-cell runts should be a vast improvement over the 14" scoops. Also exciting was all the new cable that came in. I have to say, I've never experienced the smell of brand-spankin'-new cable, but it was strangely enjoyable. (Smelled like new tires) I still need to finish organizing the shop, (which hasn't been cleaned in years), get rid of the old dry-rotted cable, asbestos two-fers and other scary stuff, inventory the lamp stock and do some general clean-up, but today was a good day overall.

Oh, let us know how those 70's are!

I ordered four 50' Source4 Jrs for a small install and was really excited to open up the boxes. Theres something beautiful about new equipment.

New cable to me has always smelled like candy, and really, it smells like candy.

A quick note here to avoid confusion.

I think the nickname "Gaff" is usually used for "gafftaper", as opposed to "gafftapegreenia". I know it caused me confusion my first month or two on here. :lol:

Well, even though I joined a few months before gafftaper joined, I wasn't really active until a few months after he joined, so thus, he got the nickname gaff. I'm not sure, maybe I could be GTG for short, or something.

You know what that smell is? That's the Smell of new cable. God, I love the smell of new cable in the morning, reminds me of........ Victory.
:mrgreen:

:oops: Thanks for the clarification charcoaldabs. :mrgreen: How about greenia then?

Van- ROFL (Yea I said rofl)

SerraAva- That works, infact I think I've seen it before.

You know what that smell is? That's the Smell of new cable. God, I love the smell of new cable in the morning, reminds me of........ Victory.
So do you ride to work in a helicopter with Ride of The Valkyrie playing often then Van?

So do you ride to work in a helicopter with Ride of The Valkyrie playing often then Van?

No, I prefer driving my Bug with O' Fortuna blasting away, while twirling a braodsword over my head.

Not blasting cannons over head Van? Or how about lightsabers? A little Duel of the Fates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back