Tools and adapters for the bag

Anonymous067

Hey. I know this might have been posted a million times, but this will make it a million and one.

So I do small sound gigs and stuff. I don't have any of my own gear (working on that part...I'm short about 35k).

I do have a bag that I carry with me, but right now it just has tape (duct, gaff, electrical (three colors)), a red flashlight, a regular flashlight, pens, markers, and a 1/8" to dual rca cable, and two rca to 1/4" TS. That last cable and adapter are used for MP3 or ipod hook-up to a board.

What other things should I be carrying in my bag of things?
Common adapters/gender benders?

It sort of depends on the kind of gigs you do. I always carry a good pair of headphones, board tape, gaff and spike tape, e tape, sharpies, a few extra batteries, LOTS of adaptors (you can never have enough), Whirlwind Qbox tester, a small first aid kit, a 4 way screwdriver, mulit tool, solder, soldering iron, multi-meter, and an asjustable end wrench (you never know when you will have to make a quick repair).

~Dave

Dave, I think the question is vague, but within what it is, your answer is about the best possible.

Andre

Here is what I recommend:

Headphones
2 DI's (one active, one passive)
1 A/V interface
Crescent wrench (6" or 8", I keep both)
Big flashlight (DD Mag LED for me)
Good pliers (Klein Tool or similar)
Leatherman
AA Mini-mag LED
Knife (a good, sharp one)
Cable tester
Wire Strippers
Butane Soldering Iron Kit
Husky 8-in-1 Phillips/Flathead Screwdriver
Husky 8-in-1 Star Screwdriver
Various/Assorted adapters (RCA-TS, turn-arounds**, etc.)
Tylenol or your pain-killer of choice
Hand lotion (my hands get really dry after coiling a lot of cables)
Gold Bond (gig butt)
EAR PLUGS (wear them all the time)

** - Neutrik came out with the Convertcon connector, so you can cut the amount of M-M/F-F turnarounds you need to carry in half.

Those are basically what I keep in my gig bag. I have a separate soldering kit I take out.

Battery Tester is always good.
Lots of adapters
A Sharpie (black file line)
The cables you have are good
Multi Tool (Leatherman?)

That about all i take. But its not as much as i would like to take

See kwotipka's site for a description of what he calls "The Crab." May cut down on some of the adapters one needs to carry. IF I did audio, I'd make myself a couple. (I'd add a female 1/4"TRS, I think).
proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back