Touch screen monitors

Thetechmanmac

Looking for a good touch screen monitor to use with Chamsys on PC. I need it to be bright enough to be seen in daylight (not direct sunlight of course) but will mostly be used indoors. The Elo's are a little out of my price range. I have looked at the dell 2314T and the S2240T.

What do you all use/recommend?

I have a 2314T and it is pretty good. Brighter than most screens built into consoles. Touch is accurate and appropriately sensitive. Either one of those DELLs is a good choice. I also have a few ELO touch screens. While the inteletouch touch input is second to none they are not nearly as bright, and I'm pretty sure the LCD panels are TN type, so the viewing angle is much narrower than the Dell.

I bought a couple 1519L ELO screens 1366x768 for use at home, where 2 smaller screens was better than one, and only used in my office, so sunlight is not an issue. They were only about $100 on ebay. For general use in various live events I would probably go with the DELL, for its Brightness/color and wide viewing angle. It is much better for programming and running shows when switch between sitting and standing often, where the ELOs would not be view able without re-positioning it each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back