Tracking gain level through multiple scenes on Yamaha QL5

WFair

Using a Yamaha QL5 and having an issue with "recall safe." I have a show with about 120 scenes. I have set relative levels on my faders for each scene and am turning on/off channels as needed. Nothing else should change. I had assumed (turns out incorrectly it seems) that I could record all those and then use the "recall safe" feature to keep a gain setting override across all the scenes. Let me clarify my ideal flow of events:

Step 1. At soundcheck I tweak the gain level (A. Gain) for each channel such that I have ideal volume for the mic at -0-
Step 2. Show starts and I begin advancing through scenes

I am trying to make it such that the gain level I adjusted my first scene to in step 1 will follow me through all the scenes rather than recalling the saved channel gain in the scene.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:

I initially figured that applying "Recall Safe" on my channel and selecting "DIGITAL GAIN" would do the trick...but it does not. I assume this is because the actual gain setting is labeled as A. Gain (presumably Analog Gain).

After some reading I found that the A. Gain is supposed to be part of the Head Amp settings (HA) so I tried the same process with "HA" recall safe...but that is also not working.

You've got something wrong with your recall safe settings, as you've discovered.
Why not attach the file (or PM me if you don't want to) and I'll be happy to look at your file and tell you what's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back