Automated Fixtures Trackspot Bolts? Were they horrible?

telmnstr

Hello!

Anyone know anything about the Trackspot Bolts? They seem to basically be a Technobeam-ish fixture with the Trackspot name, and a LED light engine. Light engine was really early, and heat pipes and heat exchanger to cool the thing from the picture I saw.

I have become curious about these, and am thinking about trying to find a few to attempt to repair.

From what I can see from ETC (now owns High End Systems) there is support info that the power supplies failed and the light engines failed. And the parts aren't available.

Does anyone have experience? Was there a high rate of PSU or light engine failures? How were the stepper motors? My single Technobeam-i has had so many motor issues compared to the earlier series, I wonder if those bad steppers made it into the Bolt?

Any info on these appreciated. I can find very little discussion, but a few blips about a lot of failed ones in addition to the notes on ETC's page.

Any leads on dead ones would also be cool, I am east coast Mid-Atlantic (near DC) but travel to Florida/NJ by car fairly often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back