Treatment for drum and string

kmkonline

Dear All,

I just got a mix from a recording studio, i found that the drum is not that good and the string is by synthesiser only...

What would yours do in order to make it better if i got no chance to re-reocrd it.

Thanks

Best Wishes,
KMK

Dear All,
I just got a mix from a recording studio, i found that the drum is not that good and the string is by synthesiser only...
What would yours do in order to make it better if i got no chance to re-reocrd it.
Thanks
Best Wishes,
KMK

Buy ProTools.

What kind of gear do you have/what software are you using? You can run some passes on the kit to clean it up, and maybe throw in a harmonizer or something of that type to the strings to liven it up.

you will be in much better shape if they gave you the tracks instead of a *final* stereo mixdown. If you have the tracks you can go back in and play with the drums / strings without completely messing with the rest of the mix (vocal track and such) If it's all one or two tracks already.... It's going to be REALLY hard.... :-/ sorry. In either case if you have a good audio editing tool that's a good start. Audacity is a good free tool however something like Sonar, Protools or Cubease will be even better. If you can let us know what state it is in now and what software you have we can try to give abit more specific advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back