trouble with M2K

gotnoblue

I'm new to CB - so first let me say "hello".

Yesterday, when I struck one of my M2K's, it started making a noise similar to an old bell telephone.

I had recently rehung the unit, after changing some gobos and picking a new hang position.

I am assuming that I knocked something out of whack during the rehang, but would like some more info.

I work for a church, and with Easter just around the corner, I'd like to know if this is a quick fix, or one that needs serious repair.

thanks.

...I'd like to know if this is a quick fix, or one that needs serious repair...
Probably a quick fix, if it was working fine before. But we need more information.

Any errors on the screen? If it's a "g2ER" One of the gobos you changed may not have been seated correctly. Also, just for good measure, check that the pan and tilt locks are unlocked. Did the "old bell telephone" noise happen only during the lamp strike? And did the lamp ignite? Are you getting a "LERR"? Hours on the lamp? If you can take a good picture of the lamp, we have a member here who can diagnose lamp issues, from thousands of miles away.

Pan and tilt function seems to be fine. The noise only occurs when the lamp is struck, and it did fire, so I don't think its the lamp itself, but rather something else that activates when the lamp fires. I completely forgot to look for an error, but I'll look for one tomorrow.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back