Tru-Roll Floor/Tension Block - Where Can I Find?

Hi Everybody,

this is my first time posting. I hope someone can help me out. I'm looking for some Tru Roll Floor/Tension Blocks for a counter weight system like the attached photo. Note, they were originally dark blue in color, not orange.

The long story is that I have both nostalgia about rigging and high levels of OCD. When I added line-sets to our studio I used floor blocks and rope locks that were identical to the one's in the first theater I worked in as young stagehand: the Jubilee! Theater in Las Vegas. I'm adding some more line-sets to my studio and although I still have have plenty of rope locks in my stash, I'm all out floor blocks. Due to my previously mentioned nostalgia and OCD I can't deal with mismatch rigging.

Long ago I acquired all the remaining vintage 1970's stock from Tru Roll, so I'm hoping someone will know where there's a few of these laying around. I will gladly pay dollar, arrange for the shipping, and be eternally grateful.

Thanks!
Robert

Tru Roll Floor Block.jpg

Buy the orange ones sand blast them and repaint/powder coat them whatever blue you need?

I looked through our archive of old crap and didn't see any.
and by Crap I mean the old stuff that we pull out and keep as museum pieces.

I looked through our archive of old crap and didn't see any.
and by Crap I mean the old stuff that we pull out and keep as museum pieces.
Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to search through your archives. You know what they say, one mans old crap is another mans Museum piece. Aside from my quest for these Tru Roll floor blocks, I also collect antique rigging, so if you feel like you have too much crap in your museum, I’d be happy to take some off of your hands.

The orange ones are the ones currently in use in my studio. I will take them in any color.

Ah you made it sound like you had a surplus and they were orange. I would say with as simple as the design is you could get them made from some local smith. Granted this kills any nostalgia you would have but it would get you your blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back