Trying to Frankenstein our Strand GSX. Need parts/Help

Jeremiah

Ok, so basically the college I work for has an old Strand GSX lighting console. Unfortunately, a few years before I started working here something happened to it....(no one seems to know what exactly) and now it does not work.

After inspecting the board I noticed some charring on the connector between the main processor card and the smaller card that plugs into the power supply. So my guess is that something was spilled on the board. It's basically trash. But I'm an optimist, and am feeling a little like a mad scientist after having fixed the majority of our old rusted lighting equipment. So I want to try and fix this sad excuse for a console. But, I could use some help.

Does any one know where I might be able to find parts some parts to Fix/Frankenstein this little light board?

One of the two boards is fried, either the smaller card CCY D 94V-0 9541

Or The larger processor card PCB1055/2 REF 1979

And yes, I do realize that this is most likely a lost cause. :lol:

As a tech, I usually lean towards repair rather than replacement, but if you have board level damage, then repair may not be cost effective. In addition to the list from derekleffew, also try Vincent Lighting and perhaps Murphy lighting. Scenework up in Canada is also good with older gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back