TSK1038 PUR cable for DMX512 ?

Why are you asking? Do you already have a bunch of it?
It's probably fine, but likely costs more than "DMX cable" that is not "AES/EBU".

@jfleenor says DMX can be run on barbed-wire.
proxy.php

But we had a bad connection. She might have said Barb Wire is Doug Fleenor's secretary.

Why are you asking? Do you already have a bunch of it?
It's probably fine, but likely costs more than "DMX cable" that is not "AES/EBU".

@jfleenor says DMX can be run on barbed-wire.
proxy.php

But we had a bad connection. She might have said Barb Wire is Doug Fleenor's secretary.
I have a supplier who can deliver pre made cables with it but have never used that cable. Signal wise it looks good. But I do not know how robust it is and feels.

Is PUR really the normal rubberized material for cables outer layer? Belden 8412 which I like for other applications use EPDM.

110 ohm. Electrically it is fine. The real questions would be things like flexibility, cold weather flexibility, Is it easy to loop and wrap, you know, the physical handling properties.

110 ohm. Electrically it is fine. The real questions would be things like flexibility, cold weather flexibility, Is it easy to loop and wrap, you know, the physical handling properties.

@SanTai Possibly buy one or two, try them for a month or two, and make your own judgement in your climate and usage conditions.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Basically it was these physical properties that I thought I would ask here before spending time and money on testing cable that might be known to not hold up to the “hard” life of live entertainment. If anyone had any bad(or good) experience with this or similar cable.

The spec sheet infers that it is plenum rated cable (for permanent installation in buildings) by mentioning "FirestoP" and halogen free. I've never seen a plenum rated cable that does not compromise the characteristics that are desirable for portable use. They are less flexible, won't lay flat, and they won't coil easily.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back