tungsten - discharge

adude23

Right....

I don't know whether such a thing exists, i'm sitting with swatchbooks infront of me racking my brains!!

I need a filter preferably ROSCO or LEE that will turn a tungsten light source and make it an almost discharge white,

Any suggestions?

Thankyou in advance,
AC

Well I'm just looking for something that will make the colour temp of a source4 for example more like the open White from a moving light fixture..

Try some of the daylight corrections. The thing is, discharge lights have some strong peaks in the blue part of the spectrum. Tungsten is very flat. By the time you duplicate the spectrum, you may have to lose 90% or more of your output.

L202 seems to be a reasonable starting point?

Also remember that you'll be matching the colour temperature when your S4s are at 100%. If you take them down on dimmer, remember that they'll warm right back up.

adude23, of course it exists! But if Apollo don't make it; you don't need it. Other than Minus Greens and elusive R123 Amber Diffusion.http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/members/adude23.html

L202 seems to be a reasonable starting point?
201, 202, 203, whatever it takes.:)

Besides amber-drift as mentioned above, note also that you'll lose some intensity with a CTB color correction filter. Likely not as much as JD suggested--even Lee200 Double CTB has a transmission Value of 10%. But the higher color temperature will make the fixture seem brighter, so it's a wash (unless it's a spot). Mind your mireds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back