Two mics in one jack

I was told early on to only use y-cables for splitting outputs of mixers for recording, but never for mics, thanks for explaining why.(now I won't do anything stupid)

the_dude said:
You might be a redneck if..... You use a Y to save channels.

you said it man

but i'm gonna put those y's on the shelf until i get around to soldering in those resistors.

thanks everyone

Well, I guess the_dude will be sharing his vast fortune so you can buy a larger console!!! Now isn't that nice?

Inaki2 said:
Well, I guess the_dude will be sharing his vast fortune so you can buy a larger console!!! Now isn't that nice?

exactly, you put your fingure on it

There's better ways to save channels. Chances are if you're in a situation where you don't have the equipment you need, you have the ability to drop mics with out compromising the show sonically. Single overhead, drop the hat mic/ride mic, splitting two toms with one mic.

the_dude said:
There's better ways to save channels. Chances are if you're in a situation where you don't have the equipment you need, you have the ability to drop mics with out compromising the show sonically. Single overhead, drop the hat mic/ride mic, splitting two toms with one mic.

i do, i run kick, one mic on floor tom, and one on rack toms(those two i split) snare, and maybe an overhead if i need it. but there are other aspects of the show that i just cant drop mics on. so, like always, the drums get short changed

Well, as a guitarist, I would suggest getting rid of the drummer and using a drum machine instead. Apart form freeing up channels, you don't have to talk to them, don't have to pay them and they take up so much less room. Oh, and they don't drop sticks or beats either :twisted:

However, given your signature - I doubt that you would agree!

I think we should get rid of guitarrist as wells, just use a little ProTools rig and mix out of 2 channels. :)

I think we should get rid of guitarrist as wells, just use a little ProTools rig and mix out of 2 channels. :)

And while we're at it, there's those damn vocals too. That's just one more track out of protools.
::cough::ashlee simpson:SNL:cough::

well, as a drummer, i think we should do away with all guitarists and annoying keyboard players to. all you really need is a drummer and a bass player and everyone knows this. :)

this is starting to sound like philosophy?......(I am scared a little and at the same time totally dumbfounded)

No preformers? Isn't that called a CD?

Inaki2 said:
Heck I'm a DJ, CDs and vinyls don't talk back :)

Unless you are cursed with a cheap Gemini tabletop CD player that makes grinding noises when it becomes unhappy!

Gemini??? Ugh...no no no...no cursing in this forum, there are kids around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back