U2 left and we had to pick up the tab

Hughesie

Today i was speaking to a sound guy who works with a fairly large sound company in melbourne and he was telling me that u2 while doing their melbourne concerts hired a full Can system off them (wireless, full duplex) and when it came time to pay up u2 have left the countary leaving the sound company to some how find the missing funds
now this wasn't a small can system it cost to hire for them $8000aud

now im not blaming u2 im just thought it was interedting

and has any one else heard of a similar story where the performs don't pay for services?

When I work with production companies the usual procedure is to get a purchase order from the main office, print an invoice, have the production manager sign it, and bill the production company. Even tho I'm sure a band as big as U2 has a production accountant, it is unlikely that person would tour with them. And with all kinds of overnight services, as well as the ease of wire transferring money, it shouldn't be a big deal getting paid.

When your out on the road, you never see a check or an invoice. If you want to get paid for providing a service, you have to bill the promoter/and or the production company. Very very rarely does the band get the real profits of a gig, its usually the promoter. The band is hired just like everyone else. They are not financially responsible for anything.

Footer is absolutely correct, the promotion company that hired the sound company will be responsible for any additional charges for items the band requested. I am sure the management of the sound company is aware of this, and your friend probably is not totally aware of how the mechanics work.

Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back