The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Ultimate Focus Tool by Stagejunk Demo

Discussion in 'News' started by dvsDave, Mar 23, 2009.

1. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

[blip]AfWOUpWBYw[/blip]

StageJunk.com

2. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Coolest toy around with an amazing number of features. Unfortunately I didn't notice a tool in the video that allows you to lower the price.

3. cprted

cprted Active Member

[​IMG] on all counts.

4. gafftapegreenia

gafftapegreenia CBMod CB Mods

Prop-tart
    I still want it machined out of stainless steel instead of aluminum

5. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

I plan on buying one if I ever go back to a house that actually uses wrenches, but it's just so nice when you design things so you don't EVER need anything but your hands

6. cdub260

cdub260 CBMod CB Mods

I have one. It's great not having to even think about where my c-wrench is because for most of my equipment the Ultimate Focus Tool will do the job. And it's always on my belt.

I picked it up at LDI.:twisted:

7. techieman33

techieman33 Well-Known Member

that's really cool, but to much money to spend on something that has a good chance of growing legs during a load in.

8. Grog12

Grog12 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Ah yes the old Ultimate Focus tool.....with nothing to saftey it off to yourself while you're in the air....

I have so many different "toy" wrenches like this its just silly.

Kelite and (deleted member) like this.
  9. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Good concept, lousy price. At $90 for the Ultimate and $40 for the standard, it is kinda nuts. Sorry, I just can't justify a $90 tool that is more likely to walk away or hide than a C-wrench. You shouldn't have to invest in a tool like this. The profit margin has to be close to 1000% (if not more). If the prices were sub $30 for both versions I would consider putting it in my tool bag.

10. genericcomment

genericcomment Member

I thought hey cool! After reading about the price, I might wanna stick to my trusty c-wrench

11. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

there's usually a nice discount when stagejunk is at a tradeshow or stage expo

12. Kelite

Kelite Apollo Staff Premium Member

There is an adage I heard back in my machine shop days in regards to quoting work:

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

A good product at a good price treats everyone fairly. A great product at a good price is even better. A super product with low sales doesn't get very far...

13. cdub260

cdub260 CBMod CB Mods

As tools go, this one makes a bit more sense for someone in my position, where I am the entire lighting crew. I agree that even at show floor pricing this is an expensive tool, but it saves me a lot of going back and forth between the stage building, the amphitheatre and my office, because I now have a single tool that lives on my belt which will do the job of three or four more specialized tools.

That said, I realize that while it makes sense for me to have a tool like this despite its steep price tag, it's not a good fit for everyone.

14. Wolf

Wolf Active Member

I really like it but like other have said the price is really stopping me. I cant afford to invest in something like this only to have it end up in someones else's hands. You could however engrave your name or initials on it with a dremel tool. Also one thing that this tool CANT do is bend things/hammer things. just a week ago I was in the cat walk and one of the gel slots got bent somehow on a 10˚ and had to use my C-WRENCH to bend it back in place. Also while you probably shouldnt use a c wrench as a hammer I think we've all done it and the focus tool being aluminum and small it wouldnt stand up very well to abuse.
    just my opinion.

15. mbandgeek

mbandgeek Active Member

eh... there is one thing about a large tool purchase, and not being able to aford it.

equate it into smaller more frequently, daily purchases.

My example would be 20oz Bottles of Soda. Granted, they are sometimes necessary to stay awake, but i would be willing to sacrifice one a day to get that tool in 72 days. Not only would it save towards an awesome tool, but it will also cut out unneeded sugar from my diet. (throws another dollar in the piggy bank)

16. Pie4Weebl

Pie4Weebl Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

17. willbb123

willbb123 Active Member

I bought a "Mega-Combo Wrench" a while ago and love it. It stays on my keychain and goes anywhere I go. I always (try) to keep my keys on me while working so it is always on me. There has been many times where my wrench is in the booth and Im on stage or up on a catwalk. and at <$10 its well worth the money.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  18. Rinus

Rinus Member

Nice tool.
    But can it open a beer bottle?

19. TheDonkey

TheDonkey Active Member

I have the same one :D

Too bad it can't open beer/coke bottles :(

20. sk8rsdad

sk8rsdad Well-Known Member Premium Member Fight Leukemia

We're buying a bunch of them and getting them engraved with our theatre logo. Our future rookies will earn one when they finish their apprenticeship.