Ultimate Focus Tool by Stagejunk Demo

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Coolest toy around with an amazing number of features. Unfortunately I didn't notice a tool in the video that allows you to lower the price.

Coolest toy around with an amazing number of features. Unfortunately I didn't notice a tool in the video that allows you to lower the price.
proxy.php
on all counts.

I still want it machined out of stainless steel instead of aluminum

Ah yes the old Ultimate Focus tool.....with nothing to saftey it off to yourself while you're in the air....

I have so many different "toy" wrenches like this its just silly.

Good concept, lousy price. At $90 for the Ultimate and $40 for the standard, it is kinda nuts. Sorry, I just can't justify a $90 tool that is more likely to walk away or hide than a C-wrench. You shouldn't have to invest in a tool like this. The profit margin has to be close to 1000% (if not more). If the prices were sub $30 for both versions I would consider putting it in my tool bag.

I thought hey cool! After reading about the price, I might wanna stick to my trusty c-wrench

there's usually a nice discount when stagejunk is at a tradeshow or stage expo

Good concept, lousy price. At $90 for the Ultimate and $40 for the standard, it is kinda nuts. Sorry, I just can't justify a $90 tool that is more likely to walk away or hide than a C-wrench. You shouldn't have to invest in a tool like this. The profit margin has to be close to 1000% (if not more). If the prices were sub $30 for both versions I would consider putting it in my tool bag.

There is an adage I heard back in my machine shop days in regards to quoting work:

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

A good product at a good price treats everyone fairly. A great product at a good price is even better. A super product with low sales doesn't get very far...

As tools go, this one makes a bit more sense for someone in my position, where I am the entire lighting crew. I agree that even at show floor pricing this is an expensive tool, but it saves me a lot of going back and forth between the stage building, the amphitheatre and my office, because I now have a single tool that lives on my belt which will do the job of three or four more specialized tools.

That said, I realize that while it makes sense for me to have a tool like this despite its steep price tag, it's not a good fit for everyone.

I really like it but like other have said the price is really stopping me. I cant afford to invest in something like this only to have it end up in someones else's hands. You could however engrave your name or initials on it with a dremel tool. Also one thing that this tool CANT do is bend things/hammer things. just a week ago I was in the cat walk and one of the gel slots got bent somehow on a 10˚ and had to use my C-WRENCH to bend it back in place. Also while you probably shouldnt use a c wrench as a hammer I think we've all done it and the focus tool being aluminum and small it wouldnt stand up very well to abuse.
just my opinion.

eh... there is one thing about a large tool purchase, and not being able to aford it.

equate it into smaller more frequently, daily purchases.

My example would be 20oz Bottles of Soda. Granted, they are sometimes necessary to stay awake, but i would be willing to sacrifice one a day to get that tool in 72 days. Not only would it save towards an awesome tool, but it will also cut out unneeded sugar from my diet. (throws another dollar in the piggy bank)

I bought a "Mega-Combo Wrench" a while ago and love it. It stays on my keychain and goes anywhere I go. I always (try) to keep my keys on me while working so it is always on me. There has been many times where my wrench is in the booth and Im on stage or up on a catwalk. and at <$10 its well worth the money.

Attachments

• megaComboWrench.jpg
    megaComboWrench.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back