Ultra Quartz

I did a little searching and found it mentioned only a couple times in the forum. Anyone have an opinion on the Phoebus Ultra Quartz followspot? I'm looking at possibly buying a used one.

I work in a couple different smaller venues (~50-70' throws) and the specs look fairly good. WAY better than the Altman 902 that we rent occasionally.

Also - anyone know of the difference between the Ultra Quartz and the Ultra Quarz II? I've got an email into Phoebus with the same question but haven't heard back yet...

Thanks,
Jim

The best thing (perhaps the only thing) I can say about the unit is that it includes space for a spare lamp, just like a matte knife!

If the price is right, go for it. If not, you should be able to find a used Altman Comet, or even better, a Strong Trouperette III or IV, or a Lycian Midget.

I suspect there is no significant difference between the original and the II.

Yeah - I thought the spare lamp holder was kinda slick...

FYI, got a response from Phoebus on the differences between the Ultra Quartz and the Ultra Quartz II:

The only difference is that UQII is equipped with a mechanical Dowser instead of the Clipper assembly. Also the UQII's electronics are now inside of the unit
Other then that it is basically the same

Please contact me if you have any further Questions

Best Regards,

Randy Bell
Production Manager
Inside sales & customer Service

Phoebus Manufacturing . Phoebus Tactical Flashlights
2800 Third Street . San Francisco, CA. 94107
415 550 1177 Ext. 119 . 415 550 2655 Fax
The Phoebus Company, Inc. . Phoebus Tactical Flashlights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back