UltraTec Dry Icer vs. Antari ICE101

spenserh

Looking to rent some low fog machines for an upcoming production of Christmas Carol, the director has stated that they want "ALOT" of fog on stage for all of the dream sequences.

We've used the Ultratec in the past, my impression was that we would need at least two of them to get the desired effect in our play area, and I question whether they have the duty cycle to maintain that amount of fog for long periods.

I don't have any experience with the Antari, I like that they are controllable by DMX, it would be nice to have one in either wing and trigger them both at the same time over DMX.

Our play area is 38' wide by 28' deep approx, if that makes a difference.

We would be able to rent two of either unit and stay within our tech budget.

Does anybody have any experience/input?

You will want two machines no matter what option you go with. Having used LeMaitre, Antari and Martin low fog machines as well as dry ice

That thread was my question. We ended up using the Antari ice machine for low level fog, and it worked great. It was a very similar sized space to what you’ll be using, and with dry ice to chill the fog, just one machine filled the space very nicely. I’ll go back and post pictures on the other thread as soon as I receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back