Um, hi.

teatime

Well, I found this place a few days ago.

Uhm, I'm almost 15- two weeks, just two weeks- and am a freshman at one of the newer highschools in my area. I have, as yet, only done two shows and a summer class. However, this whole thing is rather awesome, and I've become totally addicted to technical theatre. Um. I think most of our lighting is done with Strand. Other than that, I'm really new to all this. One of those inexperienced freshmen, y'know. But I hope to continue in lighting through highscool and into college. Most of the work I've done is on followspot for our musical.

Lots of people start out on spot. That's where I started for my freshmen year musical! And now I'm the TD at my school. Welcome and good luck!

welcome, lighting is something fun, and something to learn over time, ah I rember my freshman days before I could tell a par from a gobo. If you have any questions, people are ready to answer them with their own background, I've been here only about a week and love it here.

Pie4Weebl said:
welcome, lighting is something fun, and something to learn over time, ah I rember my freshman days before I could tell a par from a gobo. If you have any questions, people are ready to answer them with their own background, I've been here only about a week and love it here.
I'm a freshman also, at my junior high we never changed are light plot just recorded cues using the board. Now, I just finished my second high school show, hanging and focusing feels like second nature, and I'm in line to be the "STD", student tech director, next year. Technical theatre is one of the best and worst hobbies of all times. Worst being the monday night I was at the theatre till 1 AM.

I have a slightly higher ranking at my school than the rest of these guys, the "Duke of Lighting" ;)(which interestingly enough also covers all other technical duties) :)

Followspot is a great fun job, and I hope your knowledge expands as you browse around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back