Understanding my electrics

I just began a new job at a different fine arts center. This is the fourth full-time auditorium position I've held, and yet I'm finding things that I've never seen. Such is this work, right? Anyway, the circuits on my raceways have me baffled. Can anyone help me decipher what's going on here?

First of all... there are not enough circuits. But you can't help with that, so moving on...

The stage pin receptacles are labeled numerically as one would expect. But in between these numbers are different receptacles. One is labeled WL-# which is obviously for worklights - I have seen these before. No mystery there.

But there are two others I don't know. One type is labeled C# and are repeated (but not mirrored) on either side of the electric - ie: C19, C20, C19, C20. These have edison connections so I assume they are non-dim power. But what does the C mean? And why do they repeat like that? And how can I tell if they are truly non-dim?

The other receptacle type is labled OL# and they have twist-locks. Now these have me truly perplexed. What does OL mean? And the pattern here makes NO sense to me at all. On any given electric, all of the receptacles from center going off stage left are the same number - ie: OL1, OL1, OL1. But the receptacles from center going off stage right are an alternating pattern - ie: OL2, OL4, OL2.

Thoughts?

I just began a new job at a different fine arts center. This is the fourth full-time auditorium position I've held, and yet I'm finding things that I've never seen. Such is this work, right? Anyway, the circuits on my raceways have me baffled. Can anyone help me decipher what's going on here?

First of all... there are not enough circuits. But you can't help with that, so moving on...

The stage pin receptacles are labeled numerically as one would expect. But in between these numbers are different receptacles. One is labeled WL-# which is obviously for worklights - I have seen these before. No mystery there.

But there are two others I don't know. One type is labeled C# and are repeated (but not mirrored) on either side of the electric - ie: C19, C20, C19, C20. These have edison connections so I assume they are non-dim power. But what does the C mean? And why do they repeat like that? And how can I tell if they are truly non-dim?

The other receptacle type is labled OL# and they have twist-locks. Now these have me truly perplexed. What does OL mean? And the pattern here makes NO sense to me at all. On any given electric, all of the receptacles from center going off stage left are the same number - ie: OL1, OL1, OL1. But the receptacles from center going off stage right are an alternating pattern - ie: OL2, OL4, OL2.

Thoughts?

We need more info to help.

1. Can you tell us the name and location of the facility?
2. Is there a dimmer room? If so, what is the manufacturer of the dimmers? This might help us get you drawings of your system.
3. Can you take some pictures of the dimmer room, if there is one?
4. Can you take a picture of the twistlok outlets you mentioned?

BTW, "C" might mean constant power.

Cheers

ST

I second Bill.

I second Bill.
Van probably bid projects like these that I designed. I'm looking for a picture of one of the stage manager panels I use to do. Actually eager to hear what facility this is......and I just saw the poster is from Michigan, where I have a lot of work......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back