Design Unit Size in Grey using Vectorworks2008

Hey all,

I'm designing a show using a half dozen different sized source four units, but when I drop them on the plot they all look the same. The stock template for them has their angle in grey on the barrel, but I can't find a setting to keep that when I drop them in the plot. I've tried changing my legends, but that doesn't seem to be it, as (among other things) it's in black.

I know this can be done, because I've got a copy of the rep plot for this space and it has them in grey like the template. What gives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Is the beam angle actually part of the legend?
Check your class visibility as well as which class the label you are looking for is on.
For example go into your label legend manager and select the label in question. Find out which class it is assigned to and make sure that class is set to full visibility in your drawing.
My suggestion would be to create unique symbols for each beam angle. Its common place to use the USITT graphic standards but you can customize it if you choose. In addition to getting around the problem you are experiencing, it is much easier to read than tiny little degree numbers on each barrel. Just make sure you include a key to symbols on the drawing so you can determine which symbol is for which unit type.
Good Luck

Sounds like whoever created the symbols made the text of the degree indicator in the fixture symbol as a separate class. Possibly in Organization- Classes, where there's a "new" class name called Degree Text, or some such.

If so, set it to Visibility - Grey.

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back