UNLV's EED Program -- Reviewers Needed!

mbrown3039

UNLV's EED program is undergoing it's first internal review, a standard practice at UNLV and administered through the Office of the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs (VPAA) every ten years. Part of that process iincludes reviewers from outside the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) -- the University will submit five (5) names and the VPAA will pick two (2) of them for a visit in February 2019. While on campus, the reviewers will meet with the faculty, tour the EED facilities and workplaces and meet with the Vice Provost. The external reviewers will also develop a comprehensive document examining quality, need/demand, cost and outcomes for the EED program relative to the UNLV institutional mission.

The VPAA's standard requirement is for the reviewers to be a fully-tenured professors of a similar discipline at a comparable research institution; due to the nature of this program this is a difficult qualification to meet, so the VPAA has allowed the candidacy requirements to be opened up to include industry professionals.

To qualify, an industry candidate must have a terminal degree, a lengthy and well-established career practicing entertainment engineering and a noted reputation within the industry as a leader in innovation. Additionally, potential candidates should not have close personal or professional ties that would present a conflict of interest. They cannot have ever worked for or been paid by the Nevada System of Higher Education or UNLV. The University will provide an honorarium to any selected candidate as well as cover travel expenses for the February visit.

If you feel that you are a viable candidate, please drop me a PM ASAP, as candidates must be submitted to the VPAA by the 27th! Sorry for the late notice, but I just got this information this morning. If you know someone who is a viable candidate, please send them this information. Thanks, Mike

UNLV's EED program is undergoing it's first internal review, a standard practice at UNLV and administered through the Office of the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs (VPAA) every ten years. Part of that process iincludes reviewers from outside the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) -- the University will submit five (5) names and the VPAA will pick two (2) of them for a visit in February 2019. While on campus, the reviewers will meet with the faculty, tour the EED facilities and workplaces and meet with the Vice Provost. The external reviewers will also develop a comprehensive document examining quality, need/demand, cost and outcomes for the EED program relative to the UNLV institutional mission.

The VPAA's standard requirement is for the reviewers to be a fully-tenured professors of a similar discipline at a comparable research institution; due to the nature of this program this is a difficult qualification to meet, so the VPAA has allowed the candidacy requirements to be opened up to include industry professionals.

To qualify, an industry candidate must have a terminal degree, a lengthy and well-established career practicing entertainment engineering and a noted reputation within the industry as a leader in innovation. Additionally, potential candidates should not have close personal or professional ties that would present a conflict of interest. They cannot have ever worked for or been paid by the Nevada System of Higher Education or UNLV. The University will provide an honorarium to any selected candidate as well as cover travel expenses for the February visit.

If you feel that you are a viable candidate, please drop me a PM ASAP, as candidates must be submitted to the VPAA by the 27th! Sorry for the late notice, but I just got this information this morning. If you know someone who is a viable candidate, please send them this information. Thanks, Mike

Mike- Call me. Shoot me a PM for my phone number. Delbert Hall

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back