Updating a console

JakeLight

I have an ETC Element board and I need to update it. I run the lights for my school and I have no idea how to update a board because I've never done it. If someone could walk me through updating a board it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Sure. Go to ETCconnect.com and then hit console->eos->Element. From there go to software and sort it by the most recent. Then download it on a USB drive and then plug it into your element. Make sure you save an backup your show files before you install. Exit and go to the shell where you can choose settings and then update software. Hope that helps!

Sure. Go to ETCconnect.com and then hit console->eos->Element. From there go to software and sort it by the most recent. Then download it on a USB drive and then plug it into your element. Make sure you save an backup your show files before you install. Exit and go to the shell where you can choose settings and then update software. Hope that helps!
So I go to software support documentation -> sort by date, then download the first one?

So I go to software support documentation -> sort by date, then download the first one?

You're probably looking for the biggest software version number (the most recent version). As of today, 8/12/16, it's v2.4.0. Make sure you download the console version (EOS Family Console Software).

You're probably looking for the biggest software version number (the most recent version). As of today, 8/12/16, it's v2.4.0. Make sure you download the console version (EOS Family Console Software).

As note about the latest ETC Eos family release that the console version is also the Windows off-line version, which was once a separate Nomad off-line release. That's not the case for MAC, which is still a separate Nomad release.

It's somewhat noted in the release notes, if you look for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back