URGENT! Gobo Design

lighttechie5948

Hi Everyone,

I need to order a custom ipro of a rainbow for Wizard of Oz. I tried finding a pic of a rainbow on google to use and can't find anything I think will work.

The idea came from this pic:
proxy.php

Can someone find or make a pic that will work for this? I've tried looking through probrobly a hundred google pages and can't find/don't know which ones will work for the effect.

(If it matters I'm planning on Hanging it on the FOH Footrail. The instrument will be a S4 50deg)

I appreciate your help.

Joe

Sorry, but I have to ask, a 50 degree? I mean I guess since the rainbow is soft on the edges it might work, but for something like that I would use the lowest beam angle possible (for more punch) and you can control the focus a lot better.

Just something to think about.

Mike

I have not done this.

What about finding a round prism and making an actual rainbow by sending light through it. Mask the white light that you don't need.

I will play around with a 50 degree and a 26 degree.....those are the only source fours the theater owns. As for the prism, I'd rather use an ipro, because the theater owns them and I think it would be cheaper.

I would also invest in a donut. It certainly looks like a glass gobo to me.

Mike

Derek wins that looks like the one i used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back