Urgent: Sound effect needed for TONIGHT

Saw this too late to respond in time - sorry. If you or anybody is ever in need of custom sound effects that can be previewed and downloaded, I have been using www.sounddogs.com for the past 4 years and have had great luck finding everything that I need to customize shows. It is basically a compilation of movie sound effects, and there are thousands to choose from in every category imaginable, and are very reasonable in cost.

Or you simply right click on the preview button and go Save target as, and you score yourself a free sound effect.

if you have cool edit you can preview them and dump then straight to cool edit, eg. set cooledit as your default player then play them in cooledit it and save it was a waveform... like im gonna pay for something i can get for free :p

dj_illusions said:
Or you simply right click on the preview button and go Save target as, and you score yourself a free sound effect.

if you have cool edit you can preview them and dump then straight to cool edit, eg. set cooledit as your default player then play them in cooledit it and save it was a waveform... like im gonna pay for something i can get for free :p

It may be free, but the sound quality of it sucks. I tried it once, and while the quality may be good enough for some applications, it sure wasn't for mine. Real hissy and digitally altered sounding - you don't think they are going to just give you something at 16-bit quality for nothing do you? For the measly 15-20 dollars it usually costs me to get custom effects for a show it is worth it to help keep them in business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back