USB DMX512 doesn't have a driver!

Here are the Files I have for my unit.. :

Plugin: uDMXplug.out.ddl (copy into your DMX software plugin folder

Drivers: LibUSB & UDMX: (copy contents into :C:\Windows\System32\drivers)

If you need anything else or any other help let me know :)

Attachments

• DMX drivers & plugin.zip
    363.4 KB · Views: 2,137
So, a week or two ago it was released that FTDI had shipped a driver through Windows Update that would softbrick the chip inside any device that was using a *counterfeit* FTDI controller chip; is it possible that you might have gotten caught by this fiasco?

They did back it off a day or two later, after general -- and very specific (from Microsoft) disapproval of this approach...

Here is a bit more on the FTDI driver issue ( http://blog.erratasec.com/2014/10/the-deal-with-ftdi-driver-scandal.html#.VFkn-PTF9Xc ). If you cannot get it to work with windows, try linux. If I am not mistaken linux has a different driver for RS232-RS485 devices. However, if you tried to use it with windows first, and it bricked, it will not work with linux. An easy way to check is to check your Device ID under device manager. If it is set to "0" it is no good.

Hello,
i have a problem to find any update for cyl 6602.
do you have any update file ,like ma2 1024 for the version of GMA.
thanks for your help

So I just bought a CYL-6602 USB DMX512 interface for my mini led moving head spot. I'm having trouble installing the driver for the interface, it tells my it doesn't contain a driver but it wont work on any programs that I try to run it on. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. I'm just really confused on what to do. If you have any ideas on what I need to do, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. Did anyone have any luck fixing the issue, and getting the dongle to work in Windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that uDMX works on Windows (with appropriate DLLs) and Linux (Ubuntu) basically out of the box.

I've been using one to run DMX through OLA or QLC+ depending on what I'm doing.

I think the biggest thing here is to make sure your software explicitly states the makes of the DMX-USB devices it supports. Even if a device is a DMX adaptor, there are many different chips that all do the same job with a different Software interface, plus some have different capabilities in terms of channel limits, data rates, DMX in, etc.

Where would I find the " Plugin folder" ?

1. really I know some of you may not like this but the USB DMX512 -cyl 6602 is a SCAM there are NO drivers for this device no libo , no ftdi, no cdc ,and no winusb drivers. They rely on you buying this device then trying to return it,
2. you have to return it to China very expensive.(they are just taking your money and laughing all the way to the bank)
3. they say it works on a lot of interfaces it wont I have tried them all
4. the same fault on all the interfaces (no driver found, no device found, error opening .dll or some other fault relating to all the previous)
5. look at this to see it not working .https://youtu.be/3A_atC0O5AU (Copy and paste in your browser)
Hope this helps

The 5 year NecroThread! Interesting to see the device and vendor are still around.

It looks like this interface was banned in the US but is still being sold on England ebay. My guess is that it was banned because it defeated manufacturers' protections for using their software.

From ebay:
Support OS include Win98SE, Win2000, WinXP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
Compatible Software include:
1. AvolitesPearl2004 (Support for 1024)
2. AvolitesTitanMobile and Simulator v4.2 (Support for 1024)
3. AvolitesDiamond 4(Support for 1024)
4. Martin Lightjockey(Support for 2048)
5. Daslight VirtualController2(Support for 512)
6. SunlitSuite2(Support for 1024)
7. grandMA onPC(Support for 512)
8. grandMA2 onPC(Support for 1024)
9. LumiDMX(Support for 512)
10. FreeStyler(Support for 512)
11. PCDimmer(Support for 512)
12. MasterPeace(Support for 512)
13. Abuelites(Support for 512)
14. LEDMatrix(Support for 512)
15. LumiDesk(Support for 512)
Attention: please install driver at first, Otherwise will appear "DLL error."
you must copy ourplugin DLL file to these control software directory, or run our pluginsoftware,plugin software will auto connect control software.

I suspect this interface has probably worked with all of this software at some time if all of the conditions were set up right. That is, it was running on the correct Windows version, was using the correct version of lighting software, and had support drivers installed correctly. Another issue is that a manufacturer might have afterwards altered a software release to prevent this interface from working. Stuff like this is always a crap shoot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back