Use fog to achieve haze effect?

Hey everyone,
I'm sure some of you have dealt with this before, so I thought i'd ask. I'm doing a show coming up where i'd like to achieve a haze effect as we're using some intelligent lighting and various effects that would look great in haze. I don't own a hazer, but I do own two fairly nice foggers. I tried the regular fog i'd use, and it was just way too heavy. The store I purchase it from also has a fog called "Atmosphere" that they claim is lighter. I've also heard of people putting a high speed fan in directly in front of the fogger to instantly disperse the fog.

What have you tried, and what do you think I can do to get what i'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

1. Only use fluids designed for the machine. You mentioned Atmospheres, which is designed for the F-100, IIRC. If you indeed have a F-100, there are a number of products available, some with very quick dissipation, and some with very long hang time. I can't remember the part #, but I'll bet Bill @ ESC is a dealer for it.

2. Get it started early and keep the volume as low as possible. Patience is your friend when trying to get a haze effect out of a fogger.

3. Put the fan behind the machine. It will keep the chemicals in the fog from gumming up the fan motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back