The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Use fog to achieve haze effect?

Discussion in 'Special Effects' started by bwhiteford, Feb 16, 2009.

1. bwhiteford

bwhiteford Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm sure some of you have dealt with this before, so I thought i'd ask. I'm doing a show coming up where i'd like to achieve a haze effect as we're using some intelligent lighting and various effects that would look great in haze. I don't own a hazer, but I do own two fairly nice foggers. I tried the regular fog i'd use, and it was just way too heavy. The store I purchase it from also has a fog called "Atmosphere" that they claim is lighter. I've also heard of people putting a high speed fan in directly in front of the fogger to instantly disperse the fog.

What have you tried, and what do you think I can do to get what i'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!
  2. len

len Well-Known Member

1. Only use fluids designed for the machine. You mentioned Atmospheres, which is designed for the F-100, IIRC. If you indeed have a F-100, there are a number of products available, some with very quick dissipation, and some with very long hang time. I can't remember the part #, but I'll bet Bill @ ESC is a dealer for it.

2. Get it started early and keep the volume as low as possible. Patience is your friend when trying to get a haze effect out of a fogger.

3. Put the fan behind the machine. It will keep the chemicals in the fog from gumming up the fan motor.