User thoughts on Osram Sylvania KREIOS LED Floods Please.

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
The title is my query.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I have 12 of the 60w units, for about 20 months. Luv em, no troubles they look great, nice colortemp. just used as works, never have tried them on a dimmer. would like to get some 90 watt units when funding allows.

We use the 60s for our work lights in the auditorium. 8 of them do the work of the 12 500W incandescents. They've been in operation for about a year now with no issues.

I have 12 of the 60w units, for about 20 months. Luv em, no troubles they look great, nice colortemp. just used as works, never have tried them on a dimmer. would like to get some 90 watt units when funding allows.
Thank you for your reply, I'd no idea they were dimmable.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

We use the 60s for our work lights in the auditorium. 8 of them do the work of the 12 500W incandescents. They've been in operation for about a year now with no issues.
Hi Dad; May I ask where you purchased yours? Home Depot, Lowes, a wholesaler, a stage lighting supplier, or ? ? ?
Thank you very much for your post.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Thank you for your reply, I'd no idea they were dimmable.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

The 60W ones are not dimmable. And by that I mean they DO dim (albeit poorly), but they aren't designed to, and they will fail early as a result as the driver wasn't designed for it an cannot handle the heat.

The 90W FLx on the other hand IS designed to dim, and has a Dimmable Driver. ETC tested them for us on their various solutions and we have that document available for download/viewing on our website. So- if you are just putting them on an on/off switch-- FL 60W unit is fine. If you want to dim them, go with the FLx 90W unit.
It dims via mains voltage (no DMX) only. You can use up to 4 on a dimmer (2.4K) without issue. They won't dim ALL the way out like DMX fixtures can do. They cut out in the 10%-15% range (1% reading on the board, but roughly ~10-15% lumen output).

The 60W ones are not dimmable. And by that I mean they DO dim (albeit poorly), but they aren't designed to, and they will fail early as a result as the driver wasn't designed for it an cannot handle the heat.

The 90W FLx on the other hand IS designed to dim, and has a Dimmable Driver. ETC tested them for us on their various solutions and we have that document available for download/viewing on our website. So- if you are just putting them on an on/off switch-- FL 60W unit is fine. If you want to dim them, go with the FLx 90W unit.
It dims via mains voltage (no DMX) only. You can use up to 4 on a dimmer (2.4K) without issue. They won't dim ALL the way out like DMX fixtures can do. They cut out in the 10%-15% range (1% reading on the board, but roughly ~10-15% lumen output).
4 fixtures at 90 watts max? I usually assume about 50% load for LED but that would be 13 or so.

I went to web site for the paper on dimming these and couldn't find the fixture even but did find you had profiles, fresnels, and wash units - something I didn't know. Interesting.

Apologies for multiple posts - another question now that I found the ETC document. Any suggestions for a wall box dimer retrofit - 6 of the FLx 90 - currently a 1500 Lutron incandescent only.

I went to web site for the paper on dimming these and couldn't find the fixture even but did find you had profiles, fresnels, and wash units - something I didn't know. Interesting.
Mr. Conner Sir! Would you mind posting links directly to: The ETC test results, the Kreios floods, profiles, fresnels and wash units for the benefit of us search challenged lazy sots?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Mr. Conner Sir! Would you mind posting links directly to: The ETC test results, the Kreios floods, profiles, fresnels and wash units for the benefit of us search challenged lazy sots?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
Great - I found what I wasn't looking for and you want it. Try: http://kreios.osram.com/kreios/en/ for the group and heres the profile with links to data: http://kreios.osram.com/kreios/en/kreios-profile/index.jsp

Not sure these are available in US or CA. All new to me. At a quick glance, they look a little less powerful than the S4 575 and no idea on optics. Interesting though. Look pretty new.

Mark - will we see these at USITT? Sneak one in at least?

4 fixtures at 90 watts max? I usually assume about 50% load for LED but that would be 13 or so.

I stand corrected. I had misremembered the email from my engineer. Here is his quote: "FLx absorbs ~2.5A with leading-edge dimmers and ~1.2A with trailing-edge dimmers. So depending on the dimmer type, on a 10A channel I would connect a maximum of 3 fixtures (LE) or 5 fixtures (TE)".

So scaling it up for 20A dimmers: ~6 fixtures max on 20A (LE) dimmers, and ~10 fixtures max on 20A (TE) dimmers. Boy life was simpler back in the Halogen days.... :)

Great - I found what I wasn't looking for and you want it. Try: http://kreios.osram.com/kreios/en/ for the group and heres the profile with links to data: http://kreios.osram.com/kreios/en/kreios-profile/index.jsp

Not sure these are available in US or CA. All new to me. At a quick glance, they look a little less powerful than the S4 575 and no idea on optics. Interesting though. Look pretty new.

Mark - will we see these at USITT? Sneak one in at least?

We showed these three new fixtures in our booth at LDI this October, and will be showing them again at USITT. Please stop by the booth and we'd be happy to demonstrate them. They've been available for the past few weeks. Very bright for only 80W.
The web address for information on these in the USA is here at the Sylvania.com website below:

www.sylvania.com/KREIOS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back