Using a buck / boost converter to run a DSLR camera from my USB powerbank AND other power sources

vivitern

I am planning to using a buck / boost converter to run a DSLR camera from my USB powerbank AND other power sources. For that module I want to build with the buck / boost converter, I need a simple LED voltage indicator circuit, since I need to adjust the potentiometer from the converter whenever I change the source of power.

Example 1

input: 5V from regular USB powerbank
output: 8.4V to the camera coupler

Example 2

input: 9V from DIY battery pack
output: 12V to other application

What I want the circuit to do is, when I turn the potentiometer, I want a LED to light up when the output voltage is between 8.4V and 8.6V ( ready for camera ). And when it's in an other range, I want an other LED to light up.

I've heard something about a combination of resistors and z-diodes to do the trick ?

Additionally it would be perfect, if the indicator circuit is not depending on whether the output circuit is closed or not ( camera is pluged in or not ).

Simple sketch:

proxy.php

Here I am using a LT1461 (datasheet:http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf2286/LT1461ACS8-2.5.pdf)voltage reference that can handle input voltages up to 20V and puts out 3.3V with 0.04% accuracy. So it is like a very precise voltage regulator but lower current (50 mA). That is still enough to drive a some LEDs besides serving as a reference.

proxy.php

Pleas SHARE me your ideas and solutions. And you can help me analyse this circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back