Microphones Using a camera lav transmitter for stage mic? Sennheiser

DannyDepac

Hi Guys

I was randomly given two Sennheiser eW100 G2 mic packs without the receiver. The person who gave them to me claims their friend gave them to them and they have no background info on them.

I thought it was two mic packs but then I started to look and realized one doesn't have a mute switch.... I then concluded that they are/were probably Camera lav's ( I think one is a transmitter and one is the receiver for the camera?)

Can i use them both as mic's for our actors for our school play? I will buy the corresponding Receiver head units (any advice would be awesome on that too) if it will work. Anything I'd have to do? Thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_5721.jpg
    IMG_5721.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_5722.jpg
    IMG_5722.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_5720.jpg
    IMG_5720.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_5719.jpg
    IMG_5719.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
It's a camera Transmitter/Receiver set. You can use them on anything that needs audio transmitted wirelessly. If you want to swap out the receiver unit with a rack-mounted one, it's as simple as buying any Sennheiser G1/G2/G3 Evolution receiver in the same frequency range.

Not sure where you are in Long Island, but the only TV station in the range that transmitter occupies in Nassau County is Ch 44 from 650-656 so it looks like you could get some use out of it.

It's a camera Transmitter/Receiver set. You can use them on anything that needs audio transmitted wirelessly. If you want to swap out the receiver unit with a rack-mounted one, it's as simple as buying any Sennheiser G1/G2/G3 Evolution receiver in the same frequency range.

Not sure where you are in Long Island, but the only TV station in the range that transmitter occupies in Nassau County is Ch 44 from 650-656 so it looks like you could get some use out of it.
Thank you so much. Those extra details are a huge help. Can I ask -did you mean I can use BOTH Packs as a mic for 2 actors? That would be a big add for us!

Yea, mic/receiver set. 600Mhz is the only problem as that range is going bye-bye. Still, you got them for free, and Sennheiser is offering a rebate for trade in, so it's kind of like getting a nice discount coupon!
I'm going to look into that! that would be awesome!

Thank you so much. Those extra details are a huge help. Can I ask -did you mean I can use BOTH Packs as a mic for 2 actors? That would be a big add for us!
@DannyDepac ( @themuzicman and @JD ) Not my expertise but I'd say NO, one is a transmitter which could suit your application but the other is a receiver, not a second transmitter. I'll but out and wait for the others to clarify.
Toodleoo!
Ron

did you mean I can use BOTH Packs as a mic for 2 actors? That would be a big add for us!
No. you could only use the transmitter. He was saying your options are use them as they are are swap the receiver pack out for a rack mount receiver (thereby replacing it). Only one can get a mic.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Maybe I will use them as camera Lavs then ... we have a digital snake at the front of the house but record with our camera at the back of the house. Maybe I can run one of these from the digital snake out and the other to the camera in the back rather than from the board (which I couldn't figure out last year).

Thanks !

Thanks again for all of the help!

Maybe I will use them as camera Lavs then ... we have a digital snake at the front of the house but record with our camera at the back of the house. Maybe I can run one of these from the digital snake out and the other to the camera in the back rather than from the board (which I couldn't figure out last year).

Thanks !

Hi Guys

I decided that I am going to use them as a Camera mic. I am hoping to connect the transmitter to an output from our digital snake (at the front of the house) and transmit to the camera (at the back of the house)

Can you confirm what type of Cabling I need - I think I need XLR Female to a male 1/8"
and a
Male XLR to male 1/8"

Do they need to be balanced or unbalanced ? Stereo or mono? etc... will my plan work at all? I'd like to take the speaker mix and send it to the camera

Thanks !

JD mentioned this above, but I think it got overlooked- This set uses 626-662 mHz, so it'll soon be effectively jammed if it isn't already. Your best bet is probably the trade-in credits mentioned above. Shure's has already expired, but Sennheiser and AT are both still running one until the end of March.

JD mentioned this above, but I think it got overlooked- This set uses 626-662 mHz, so it'll soon be effectively jammed if it isn't already.
And for that matter illegal to use and subject to FCC fines once someone else starts broadcasting in that range in your area.

Hi Guys

I decided that I am going to use them as a Camera mic. I am hoping to connect the transmitter to an output from our digital snake (at the front of the house) and transmit to the camera (at the back of the house)

Can you confirm what type of Cabling I need - I think I need XLR Female to a male 1/8"
and a
Male XLR to male 1/8"

Do they need to be balanced or unbalanced ? Stereo or mono? etc... will my plan work at all? I'd like to take the speaker mix and send it to the camera

Thanks !
I'm not sure you are understanding. They are not microphones. You must put a mic into one pack which will wirelessly transmit (no snake) to the reciever (the other one) that is connected to a recording device (camera) or sound mixing board, back of house. No snake needed as it is wirless. But this frequency is illegal now.
Best use, get the trade in rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back