Using Lx Board to control Video Projection

well, you can go anything from a DMX to keyboard interface to a catalyst (was replaced by Axon, though there are tons of catalyst out there) to what john mentioned or the arkaos

http://www.arkaos.net/software/vjd_description.php

Keep in mind the catalyst eats up an entire universe, so that might be something to consider.

well, you can go anything from a DMX to keyboard interface to a catalyst (was replaced by Axon, though there are tons of catalyst out there) to what john mentioned or the arkaos
http://www.arkaos.net/software/vjd_description.php
Keep in mind the catalyst eats up an entire universe, so that might be something to consider.

Not quite an entire universe....40 channels a layer or so....

You can also find several programs for media servers that can be controlled by MIDI as well.

Funny that this came up today. I just went to a High End Systems demo yesterday. Got to see the Road Hog, Showgun, and DL2. Pretty impressive. So, there is the DL2 that you could use for video playback. I believe that PRG is still making the MBOX which is a media server they designed, that can be controlled over DMX, supports HD content and is capable of driving more than one projector.

There are dozens of media servers out there. They all do pretty much the same thing. My personal fav would be the Hippotizer from greenhippo.

A media server will take up an entire universe to run in its most optimal setup.

Funny that this came up today. I just went to a High End Systems demo yesterday. Got to see the Road Hog, Showgun, and DL2. Pretty impressive. So, there is the DL2 that you could use for video playback. I believe that PRG is still making the MBOX which is a media server they designed, that can be controlled over DMX, supports HD content and is capable of driving more than one projector.

/hijack

How's the Shogun?

/continued hijack

Showgun is a beast. When you actually see it in person you realize that it has not business in theatre, but for Rock shows or arenas or other big event spaces it could fir in quite well. Pattern projection was good, CMY was good. I still am not sure if the LED ring is more than just a gimmick, but the HES guys say that it can be used effectively for ambient lighting. It was hard to tell what it's noise level was on account of it was loud in the demo space. They had a couple custom gobos in as the demo was geared toward the Utah Jazz and the Delta Center here in Salt Lake. It certainly handled those well. They do say that you can pop a tin of Jiffy-POP over the fixture... Didn't get to test that claim.

It seems like a good fixture, it certainly takes up a lot of real-estate, but it should be pretty effective in it's intended venues.

I'm actually really want to use the LED with a pattern of some sort through haze...could be just absolutley gorgeous.

Bah...hate having to wait till USITT to see it...unless High End decides to do a side demo at LDI.

/hijack off

Since I'm an idiot and got my conferences mixed up.....*sigh*

I saw a demo of it out in LA and I didn't nottice the noise from it. I still laugh that they insist the leds can actually be used as a wash....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back