Using QLab with Congo

losernerd

Hello all, we are currently in the process of figuring out better ways to run things lighting-wise at my theatre. QLab is of particular interest at the moment. The problem that could arise would most likely rear its head due to our outdated operating system: we're running a Congo Jr. on software version 4.1.3. How could we go about introducing QLab to our system?

While Congo version 4.1.3 does have show control capabilities built in, there have been many improvements in the past 10 years. I would recommend that you start by getting in touch with your local ETC support office to request a "Re-image Kit" to move your console into newer software. Congo version 6.4.1 is the last version of Congo software, but your hardware will run Cobalt software and the current version of Cobalt is 7.3.1.

There are many new features, functions, and looks, so if you do decide to make the jump, I would recommend spending time in the help system to familiarize yourself with the newer functions.

Otherwise, if you do not wish to update, see the onboard help system for the list of available show control commands to integrate with QLab. Particularly MIDI and MSC.

While Congo version 4.1.3 does have show control capabilities built in, there have been many improvements in the past 10 years. I would recommend that you start by getting in touch with your local ETC support office to request a "Re-image Kit" to move your console into newer software. Congo version 6.4.1 is the last version of Congo software, but your hardware will run Cobalt software and the current version of Cobalt is 7.3.1.

There are many new features, functions, and looks, so if you do decide to make the jump, I would recommend spending time in the help system to familiarize yourself with the newer functions.

Otherwise, if you do not wish to update, see the onboard help system for the list of available show control commands to integrate with QLab. Particularly MIDI and MSC.

Thank you very much! I will definitely be looking in to all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back