USITT 2022

I'll be there!!!
Also triple vaxxed. And... I think that @gafftaper is right about the infection rate... and young theatre folk tend to be very socially conscious (if not risk averse), so I think this will be safer than LDI was. @DELO72 , I'm sorry to hear about your experience...
For me... I've been about as careful as one can be in FL. I KN95 mask up wherever I go, sanitize frequently, and have home tests on-hand.
After LDI, I masked up at home, and slept in the spare room for 5 days prior to testing (negative).

Also, the conference class schedule HAS been posted:

I’ll be there and bringing the hubby.

Presenting Saturday on the BACKstage HS testing program and a different session on safety in HS theaters with a couple of fabulous friends. (Notice a theme... start ‘em young! )

Have a large-framed KN94 that’s comfortable enough to wear all day and talk in. Vaxxed and boosted, of course. Wash your hands. A convention center has better airflow than a theater.

It's official, I'm going. Looking forward to actually see people again in person. I assume we will have the normal trade show floor meet up at some point.

We'll be there! Booth 235. We're bringing all of the remaining t-shirts we've ever given out, and I'm just going to hand them out until we run out.
I am going to look sooooooooo good with 17 FLEENOR t-shirts layered on top of eachother!

I'll probably go this year, it's probably safer there in Baltimore with the convention precautions than it is working and teaching down here in Florida with unmasked/unvaccinated students, employees & audiences

I'll probably go this year, it's probably safer there in Baltimore with the convention precautions than it is working and teaching down here in Florida with unmasked/unvaccinated students, employees & audiences
You're down here in Florida as well? Condolences!

Going and showing. I'm in the "By march we hopefully will be in a better place with COVID" camp and optimistic that another variant won't make me regret my decisions.
It is March.

I just *caught* it for the first time, and worse, appear to have given it to my (63 year old, unvaccinatable, asthmatic) sister, despite our best precautions.

Guess we're not in a better place.

Last edited:
It is March.

I just *caught* it for the first time, and worse, appear to have given it to my (63 year old, unvaccinatiable, asthmatic) sister, despite our best precautions.

Guess we're not in a better place.
Considering your location vs @egilson1 both perspectives can be considered true simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back