Vintage Lighting Vari Lite VL-1

Please help me! I am creating a kind of lighting history display/mini museum. I really need a Vari Lite VL-1 in the mix. It does not have to be functioning, just the shell be intact. Does anyone know of one sitting in a garage or warehouse somewhere that they can sell me?

Please help me! I am creating a kind of lighting history display/mini museum. I really need a Vari Lite VL-1 in the mix. It does not have to be functioning, just the shell be intact. Does anyone know of one sitting in a garage or warehouse somewhere that they can sell me?
Calling @ship Can you aid new poster @Event Horizon ?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

For those playing along at home, the real challenge would be to track down the VL0, sent to Genesis in the UK in 1980.
VariLiteVL0.jpg

Then there is some info on the VL1 from TheatreCrafts (the UK website, not the Rodale Press magazine):
Which had the link to the PATENT

For those playing along at home, the real challenge would be to track down the VL0, sent to Genesis in the UK in 1980.
It was on display, under glass, at LDI 2006:
Additionally, the one and only VL0 will also be on display. This is the original prototype that paved the way for VL’s first luminaires and created the automated lighting industry as we know it today.

Hello, I have reached out to several of the leads suggested so far with no success yet. I could also use a VL-2 or VL-2C. The fixture does not have to be functioning, the shell would be fine. If someone has one in a warehouse or garage they have gutted for parts, no problem!

-J.

Ron,

...sorry, I don't get on here much. Just saw this.

If you haven't found them already, I may have a source for a complete VL4 and VL2c...

email me for details.

Jerry

Very good...

As a side note, both yourself and @ship may be interested in this project I have going at the moment:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just finishing the VL series 300 control as we speak.

Jerry

Ron,

...sorry, I don't get on here much. Just saw this.

If you haven't found them already, I may have a source for a complete VL4 and VL2c...

email me for details.

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

I was searching for the VL1 or VL2(C). They do not have to be operational, they can actually be gutted, I just need one for a small display of lighting fixtures "through the years" that I am doing and really need an early Vari-Lite example. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Much Thanks!
Jourdan [email protected]

I don't collect movers. Highest tech I collect is a few scene machines or simple projectors with motor or clock winding. Work also got a late start at best on collecting movers. The GM is in theory saving some, but started way too late and none are displayed.

Besides, I thought VL rented the fixtures back than... so finding them just laying about somewhere it would seem a hard find.

Try contacting the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. I am pretty sure they had some a few years ago and actually used them in a production. Best contact is probably Michael Maag. What with Covid I’m not sure who is working at this point in time, but it is worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back