Design Vectorworks 2014 Spotlight - Label Legend Manager Bug

Sky1415

Hello all,

Wasn't sure if this would be the right spot to post this question but I figured it be as a good a place as any.

I recently acquired VW 2014 and was following a series of video tutorials they had online. (Excellent tutorials by the way) There was a segment where after we had assigned attributes to a source four fixture (position, focus, and color) we go into the Label Legend manager to create a layout for the data to be visible on the plot.

I followed the steps exactly but it appears my copy of the program has a bug. After I create a new Label Legend and select the fields I want to be visible, when I go into the Edit Layout page to arrange the fields they are not there. I go back into the Field Selection page and all of my selections have been cleared. It appears my program is just not storing my selections. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix or a workaround?

It appears my program is just not storing my selections. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix or a workaround?

I just tried this in my version of VW Spotlight 2014 and could not replicate your problem.

I added a new label legend called Test selected Unit Number, Color, Channel (with a container), Dimmer and User Field 1, all Right Read. I then went to Edit Layout and all those selections were in the left side of the edit box. I was able to select a new unit object (S4 36 750) from my Fiield Templates library and place all the labels around the unit object. I then went back to the document and was able to assign this legend to a unit.

Potential differences:

- I was using a document created in a much older version of VW (10.5 ?) that has been batch converted thru assorted new versions.
- It is a document with existing symbols, legends and lighting units in the Object Library, which in this case are Steve Shelly/Field Templates symbols.

Have you posted on the Vectorworks users forum ?. Kevin Linzey monitors and may deal with it. http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=6&page=1

Hope this was of some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back