VectorWorks FOH Resource Question

Chris Chapman

Hey gang,

Teaching myself Vectorworks right now and have a question about inserting hanging positions for FOH. The 50' Pipe works great for over stage positions, but how does one edit a resource to make an 80' pipe for FOH? I seem to be missing something obvious here, cause it seems like you can't drag and resize a hanging position.

Do I have to edit the resource and save a copy as 80' Pipe? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,

-Chris

Ok

if you want a hybrid lighting position here is how you do it.

1. Draw a line the length of the pipe you want to create. If it’s a curved pipe then draw a arc. Now hold down option you should see a little plus sign click your pipe sized line.

2.Draw a circle, the diameter of the pipe you wish to draw.

3. Select only one pipe line and the circle. Choose the model pull down menu.

4. Choose extrude along path.

5. Use the next and previous buttons to select which is the path and which is the object.

6. Now you will have a 3d looking pipe but below it you will have a regular line. Select the 3d pipe and the regular line by creating a bounding box in the area with your mouse. Group these two items.

7. Choose the modify drop down menu and select the convert section.

8. Choose convert to light position.

9. It will then ask you to name your new position. After if you name it, if it disappears that means you have not correctly created the 2d portion of the light position. Just undo and try again.

10. In the object info window set your z height to your trim and

Hope this helps.
JH

Or you duplicate the 50' pipe symbol in the resource and edit the duplicate to be 80' long

That works. But now if he has an odd shape pipe or a curved pipe he knows how to make it.
JH

True. Even if it wasn't the question ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back