Vectorworks Issues

AxlD1234

Hey Guys....I was sent a vectorworks file the other day.
proxy.php

I get this error everytime. It has been tried on Vectorworks 2013 (Which the person said they concerted it to) and Vectorworks 2014 just to try it and make sure that it wasn't done wrong. Any suggestions?

VW can be less than helpful with it's error messages sometimes.

I see this sometimes when VW is trying to open a file that's in a version it can't read. Thus a 2016 Pro version can only read back to 2012 and if I try to open a v12.5, this pops up.

What version are you using and what's the format of the file you are trying to open ?

The version the file was created on was 2016, then it was converted for 2013 for our work computers....Then i also tried it on 2014 to see if there was a chance it would work. But i was getting the same error message on 2013 and 2014

Last edited:
Download the latest version of vectorworks viewer, and see what results you get opening it.

VW files corrupt themselves easily it seems. Contact VW Support (tech@vectorworks.net) and attach the file. Tell them the issues and your version, machine info, etc. They'll help you. Believe me... the strangest things happen. I import from ACAD all the time--and the fragments created wreak havoc on my files... VW support fixes them every time.

***Include the last 5 of your license number in the subject line.***

May The Force Be With You....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back