Vectorworks Lighting Fixtures crashing OpenGL and Renderworks

Colin Bishop

ValleyPoint Church AVL Tech
So recently I started learning Vectorworks 2016 (Student Edition) primarily for a school project. I have been designing a lighting plot of my school's auditorium with it and I am very pleased with how it is turning out currently. However vector works has decided to not want to render the lights when switching to OpenGL or render works from wire frame. Whenever I do so, Windows say that Vectorworks has stopped working and then closes the program. I cannot figure out what is causing OpenGL not to render. If I turn of the light plot design layer the room renders fine. The lighting positions also render fine. Whenever I try to render a lighting fixture it just crashes. I have tried this in blank documents as well with the same results. They were rendering fine earlier today as well. Also interesting is that the vector works tutorial file with lighting fixture renders fine in both OpenGL and render works.

I have been trying to figure out the problem with it for at least an hour now with no luck. Below is a link to my file on google drive. If you are able to see if renders fine on your computer please do so. If you have any ideas why it won't render for me please let me know. I am stuck. Thanks for any and all help.

File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UmrS-AO23wcUhMSWNwYlZ1QVk/view?usp=sharing

The issue appears to be with my graphics card. I am now currently working to resolve this with vectorworks support for anyone who is interested. Just wanted to see if anybody here had any ideas while why I was waiting on vectorworks yesterday.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I am also having tons of problems rendering since I upgraded to 2016. Brand new custom machine with Nvidia Quadro K4000 graphics card, and render constantly crashes VW. I'm just learning to save frequently and deal with it.

Sometimes the newest drivers Nvidia puts out are good for some programs and not for others. The video editing software I used to have when I first installed my graphics card had to be rolled back to Feb2012 for it to work properly anything after that I wouldn't get any video playback in the program.

Needless to say I upgraded the software so I could use the latest drivers but for those first few weeks it was a constant battle even with the old drivers it still sometimes didn't want to work.

Hopefully it is just the drivers and not the lack of processing/ram power to render what you need to render.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back