Vectorworks Spotlight 2015- 3D drafting of plot

Is there a way to hide the 3d object version of a light or symbol in 3d but still see it in 2d?

I have a plot drafted 2d/3d and I want to exclude my elevations of the booms from the 3d view but still have them in the top/plan view. any suggestions? same thing with the scale I have placed on the 2d view, it just runs through the middle of the 3d view.

Viewports are the answer.

Place your booms in their own class. Then on a new Sheet layer, do a viewport for your elevation with the boom class turned off. Then do a second sheet layer for your plan/top view and have the boom class turned on.

Classes are very a powerful tool for getting things to look just the way you want them.

BTW, the reason to use class and not layer is you can create a series of classes using the same first word(s) to create "groups" of classes. For instance for all my fixtures i usually do the following.

Fixtures-Movers
Fixtures-LED
Fixtures-conventional

hope that helps.

Ethan

Viewports are the answer.

BTW, the reason to use class and not layer is you can create a series of classes using the same first word(s) to create "groups" of classes. For instance for all my fixtures i usually do the following.

Fixtures-Movers
Fixtures-LED
Fixtures-conventional

hope that helps.

Ethan

Also, using layers shoots your file size up like crazy! I use 3 layers stage, building, an grid. The rest are classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back