Design Vectorworks Spotlight: Object Conversion to Lighting Position Problem

matcreyn

I've been using Vectorworks on and off for about 10 years (I prefer LDAssistant), so every time I go back to it, I run into what seem like simple problems. Right now I'm struggling to make lighting positions. I've already made lighting positions for 90 percent of my space by drawing a rectangle and selecting Spotlight>Object Conversion>Convert Obj to Light Position. Now for some reason, it won't let me select Convert Obj to Light Position. I've tried drawing new figures on different layers and I don't know what happened between last night and this morning to create this problem. Any ideas?

Also, I've got a gray bounding box in the middle of my plot that's just plain annoying. I don't have any viewports saved, so I don't think it can be that, though it does show the "Vectorworks Educational Product" watermark on the edges of that box. It's not life-or-death, just annoying.

For the bounding box, I would check to see if you can find some snap on it, right click/cmd click and select it to see what layer and class it is in. If you can't do that, I would check to see that you are working in a design layer rather than a sheet layer. Sheet layers can end up with weird scaling of things not drawn directly into them.

I just figured out/remembered. It's the page setup. It thinks it's printing to an 8.5" x 11" instead of Arch E. Fixed it in Page Setup. Thanks anyway. Still ponderous on the light position, though.

The page setup thing messes up a lot of people! Does anyone know a shortcut key for convert to lighting obj position? I don't feel like editing shortcut keys and just want the default

My version doesn't have a short cut for that function.

Editing a workspace isn't a big deal. Either that or place the symbol with the lighting position tool in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back