Vectorworks Spotlight Student

Yes, Nemetschek has been fantastic before which is why I was so sort of appaled and concerned at this. I've had many questions answered and many uplifting and friendly conversations with tech support from them. They are a great company who make a great product.

Your right, perhaps I could have made more emphasis on the fact that I wasn't making money off of these drawings. However, it was 3:00am after a load out, so I think you'll all understand the level of functionality that my brain had at that point. Looking forward to a response--if it comes.

I dont get the watermark and I have not had a problem opening plots from the lightnetwork and from the LD I work for. I think he uses 11 if that changes anything. Heres an example of something I printed off with a PDF creator. I am on a PC if that makes a differnce.

Attachments

• focus box.pdf
    23.1 KB · Views: 268
anybody got a reply?

or know any store that still sells the older 12.5?

No reply -- I bought it through Academic Superstore...ask them to check and see when they got the box in although I think they drop ship from Nemetsheck. I purchased mine in early June and don't have the limitations.

I am having the very same issue with compatibility and watermarking with my student version. I purchased my version in early June. My issue is that other student versions with keys purchased before this "change" can't open files created using my student key. Is anyone else having this issue?

Can someone post a copy of a plot with the watermark in pdf for me?

This is a great marketing strategy...notice that the liscene expires after 365 days.

This is also the version that is watermarked and only compatible with itself.

Hopefully you didnt buy it Check this out http://www.nemetschek.net/student/ V13 comes out on the 13th. Figures once I buy it they make it free and upgrade.

Usually their academic sales department is pretty good about things like this. Given that if you ordered today you probably wouldn't get your copy until close to the 13th. They would probably send you v13 for free if you asked nicely after it was released. They did this for me when I first bought VW. I got V10.5 and then about 2-3 weeks later 11 came out and I just called them up and they upgraded me for free.

what is this FREE VECTORWORKS....but only in America come on let's have the deal in the land of OZ

sorry

it's only a yearly licence maybe i should just buy it but i don't actually do a class that i need it for but i do do lighting design for school...am i outta luck?

oh and van wins our heath system is stuffed up anyway most services aren't free :(

Hughesie if you aren't sharing the file with proffesionals I'd just go ahead and download the free software. There's no reason not to if you aren't mailing the plot to a proffesional.

where can i find it
i don't think it is accessable for australians

+ i need to be able to send it to people with full versions and also open files that i have been given by them like the file for our performance space

where can i find it
i don't think it is accessable for australians
+ i need to be able to send it to people with full versions and also open files that i have been given by them like the file for our performance space

If you need to send it to people with full versions you need to buy a full version.

My students who bought 12.52 Student can not send it to prof versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back