Design VectorWorks symbols 12.5->2009

PMWest

I'm upgrading from VectorWorks 12.5 to 2009 on a Windows machine. When I open an old 12.5 drawing, and it gets converted from .mcd to .vwx, my instrument data display is unreadable. The data is correct but the information displays squares instead of letters/numbers. I've tried changing the font in Label Legend Manager but the problem persists. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

I'm upgrading from VectorWorks 12.5 to 2009 on a Windows machine. When I open an old 12.5 drawing, and it gets converted from .mcd to .vwx, my instrument data display is unreadable. The data is correct but the information displays squares instead of letters/numbers. I've tried changing the font in Label Legend Manager but the problem persists. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Did you import your 12.5 label legends ?, maybe try that.

SB

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I imported the 12.5 label legends. I also tried re-assigning the label legend to all the instruments. Same problem.

Then I looked on the NNA Spotlight forum and found an idea: VW has problems with some Windows font families. I checked the default text font setting in VW2009. It was something strange called AIGDT. When I converted the old 12.5 drawing into 2009 .vwx format with this font setting, the label legend fonts got corrupted. I reset the default text font to Arial, then re-converted the old file. Problem solved, label legends working normally.

Lesson: check the default font.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back