Vectorworks/WYSIWYG

Attachments

• VW_edu_vers.jpg
    VW_edu_vers.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 286
This is incorrect. See attachment. A small price to pay for "free."

There's one on the top and one on the bottom of every document.
It is contagious. I edited the school's black box rep plot, and now all following copies have it*. Same with any other .mcds or .pdfs, it doesn't matter if it's opened afterwards on a fully paid version.
You don't see the watermark when you're in VW, only on printed or exported copies.
I completely agree, it's a minute price for the free copy.

* Until someone wants to redraft my changes in a professional version, which no one does, so...

Last edited:
Derek and Serendipity: what version is this? I thought the new 2008 version does not have the watermark. at least that's what Nemetschek was saying last year at LDI

Derek and Serendipity: what version is this? I thought the new 2008 version does not have the watermark. at least that's what Nemetschek was saying last year at LDI
I have the free VW Designer + RenderWorks 12.5

I have Visio because someone gave me their standard and pro copies of 5.0 for free. I purchased Visio 2003 Standard (because I didn't want to pay an extra $300 for pro, plus all my pro stuff from ver. 5 works in 2003) a few years ago.

With all the posts here and talk amongst folks that I know, VectorWorks sounds like a great program, and I'm itchin' to try it out. But I'm not rolling in $$ and I'm not a student (I'm not a professional LD either).

Does anyone know of a legal/legit way I can get my hands on a copy?

(and, hey, if the answer is no then the answer is no. It's ok) ;)

Does anyone know of a legal/legit way I can get my hands on a copy?
I don't believe you qualify for any free version of VectorWorks... I also don't believe they offer trials (see this thread on VW trials).
(My suggestion: cdub may let you play with his if you ask nicely.)

This is incorrect. See attachment. A small price to pay for "free."

Hey, I recognize that plot....wait a second, that's my design! Derek, I hold you accountable for infringement of my work!

That version is VW 12.5.2. Later this year I will update once 2009 is released and time has gone by for a few bugs to get worked out. It should be out ~Sept. 15.

I got into a discussion with my electricians about what drawings they wanted from me for an install. I told them I had access to VW and that was the easiest for me to do, and that I could still convert to DWG if they needed it. They had no problems if the PDF/printout had a watermark on it, so long as they could go in and add stuff in AutoCAD if they needed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back