Vectorworks

wow, I'm glad that I have spent my memorial day out on the lake and drinking adult beverages and not watching this crap all day, this is almost as good as the time someone got on LN asking for the WYG crack. Also, thanks for the perma ban stick. First time I have seen that thrown around here.

Ok, SoundJerk, just stop trying. NO ONE on this forum is going to give you a serial number for Vectorworks. Especially not after how you have displayed your charming attitude and demeanor.

Oh and cute trick with the ip address. There are many members of this forum who have written software for some of the most powerful consoles in the industry--you don't impress us.

So lets think for a second, why any of us would give this "punk kid" a license to our software. Juding from how you have acted of late, lets assume your young, highschool or college age at best. That means that you SHOULD at least have some sort of part time to full time job working in a theater where you should be EARNING money to PURCHASE Vectorworks yourself. You see my signature? That's only have of the venues I work at and I'm 17. I bust my *** to be able to afford my tools, software, gear, dinner. Why in the world would any of us give away freely the license to a software that some of us spent countless hours in tech rehearsals or load outs at 3am to be able to afford?

So here's an idea...you posted your first post at 10:44am yesterday. Lets say you began working at the main venue I work at 8:00am (standard load in call) and worked until 4:00pm, then one hour dinner, and then worked the show call and the load out. You would have close to $250 bucks from one days work. The student version of Vectorworks costs $160.

Enough said, good luck in the real world.

To all Members: Anyone stop and think this guy might be a Nemestcheck rep. checking up on their software? Making sure forums like this are keeping honest?

Ok this guy comes from my school, apparently he used my ip address and my email.
when i find this person, he's in for it
his has discredited all young controlbooth members by doing this
the admins are looking into this

on a side note i got an email from a torrent site saying thanks for registering

he has commented and asked for a serial there also UNDER MY NAME (HUGHESIE89) I AM GOING TO HURT THIS PERSON

did some research on the forum check this post

Serials should be part of the site
im not hjacking the forum
i own the forum, it's registered in my name

what the hell
who is this bloke ain't no friend or workmate of mine
i know my crew there nice people
the only one from my crew is
lightingmackdaddy

Hey Alex, It's ok, we know you are a REAL theater technician. Maybe Dave can give you some information that will help you track this punk down.

Hey Alex, It's ok, we know you are a REAL theater technician. Maybe Dave can give you some information that will help you track this punk down.

Cool this is like Hackers, The Matrix and The Hunt for Red October, all rolled into one!

:twisted:

Oh and The Saint and Mission Impossible too. software stealing and all that. Oh and The Bourne Identity.

Cool this is like Hackers, The Matrix and The Hunt for Red October, all rolled into one!
:twisted:
Oh and The Saint and Mission Impossible too. software stealing and all that. Oh and The Bourne Identity.

No Van, it's not that exciting. It's just a punk kid trying to steal some software from a Computer Store.

the funny thing about this whole thing is that if this percent actually knew what he thought he knew he wouldn't be coming here for a software key.

Dangerous Modification... Could destroy your dongle and then your kinda in for a big explaination to get a new one...
I was thinking of trying something on similar(but cheaper device)first and testing extensively before messing with any new hardware. Anyway, I would probably just attach the hard drive (in a separate enclosure)to the outside of the dongle.

I was thinking of trying something on similar(but cheaper device)first and testing extensively before messing with any new hardware. Anyway, I would probably just attach the hard drive (in a separate enclosure)to the outside of the dongle.

Addressing would be your issue, cause each device is going to have an address that starts at 1, so each one is going to be fighting over the data sent to it.

why not snap both out of thier cases and mold a new case so that it holds both a drive and the dongle since usb ports are typically stacked??

i personally like the idea of combining them but thats alot of modding to an expensive item

Actually from what I understand the cost to replace a dongle isn't to expensive, the TD at my school loses his all the time and it only cost him like 20 bucks a time.

at that price i wouldnt mind giving one to some of the electronics gurus i know and asking them to mod in a 512 flash, i cannot imaging the circuity to be that difficult...but as mentioned above you have have a resource conflict which may need a mini hub like thing to be added into it. i think that would be the complicating part....how often does it pull the dongle after the program is started??? maybe just a simple switch on the side to selct the flash or the dongle...

Well I just heard from Mike that "Soundtrekkie" has been banned for good now. Hopefully he just stays away instead of wasting everyone's time here.

Hughesie89 you should contact Mbenosis about the punks impersonating you. Mike sounds willing to help you if he can.

Actually from what I understand the cost to replace a dongle isn't to expensive, the TD at my school loses his all the time and it only cost him like 20 bucks a time.
on the dongle note, for those wyg users out there, cast DOES NOT have the same policy, if you lose the dongle, your out the software.

I could see a small 2 port hub with a cruzer micro and the dongle all fitting into a small package.

The last thing I want is a modification to my dongle. Especially a dangerous one which could destroy it.

After two kids I had my dongle modified. Just be sure to take the Valium when they offer it to you........... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back