Versatop slide lock 2.0 Pipe and Drape

RHasler

Hello all, I am adding to my stock of 2.0 pipe and drape and they've changed the old locking ring on the uprights to a big plastic piece called Glidelok. Anyone have any review of this new system? It looks like it is cheap and prone to failure. Made entirely of plastic with little tabs that will break and springs that will probably fail. I've been told that they don't stock the 2.0 heads with the old style lock. I think I'll order 1.0 uprights and 2.0 heads and do the work myself. Why would a company build a product they know will fail and then require repair parts for years to come?

Last edited:
Hey there, just saw this post and wanted to let you know we have a bunch of the new glide lock uprights, and they work amazingly good. No failures in the year we've had them and the crew is not nice to the goods, especially on the way out. And, no pinched fingers or like with the old version. Our operations lead tried to break one of the uprights in the shop and could not do it. I think the plastic they use is super tuff, a hammer didn't even leave a scratch or dent. Anyway, just my review, hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back